Plan to bring a picnic lunch for your family and a dish to share. A blanket or chairs are also recommended. There will be plenty of room for kids of all ages to run around and play games. This is a great opportunity to get to know your neighbors better.
Along with the picnic, we will also conduct our annual meeting. Two major items of business will be conducted at the meeting:
- Two offices are up for election, president and member-at-large
- Offices are for a 2 year term
- Any member of a dues paying household can hold an office
- Duties of officers are outlined in the Bylaws, but essentially include 2 to 3 meetings (often conducted via email) per year and organizing 1 neighborhood activity.
- Volunteering for an office is a great way to get more involved in the neighborhood.
- Bylaws are posted here
- We will also be voting on an amendment proposed last year, which reads "GHNA meetings shall have quorum of either 10 Votes or a majority of Voting households present, whichever is fewer."