Thursday, May 31, 2012
Grandview Hills Neighborhood Association will receive the HAND Team of the Year Award this Saturday at the Blooming Neighborhoods Celebration.
This is an award for our whole neighborhood; we received it because we do a great job of communicating. Please consider coming to the awards presentation if you can and share in the celebration.
Blooming Neighborhood Celebration
Saturday, June 2, 2011
9:00 a.m. to noon
Farmer’s Market at City Hall
The awards will be presented at 10:00 a.m. If it is raining, the celebration will take place inside the City Hall Atrium.
For those interested, here is the application I sent for this award.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Information as provided by UITS CIB Parking and Transportation Committee regarding upcoming closures due to Bypass construction:
Bypass construction is coming to an intersection near you! Beginning June 4, there will be a number of closings affecting the intersection of 10th Street and the 45/46 Bypass. Below are the relevant dates and affected areas.
· May 7-June 1: 17th Street at the SR 45/46 Bypass closed for intersection upgrade.
· June 4-July 16: Westbound 10th Street will be closed at the SR 45/46 Bypass. Traffic will be maintained on SR 46 Bypass throughout this construction. Traffic for the 10th Street closure will be detoured on Jordan Avenue and 17th Street. Local access will be available to the Tulip Tree Apartments from the west, but the apartments will not be accessible from SR 45/46 Bypass.
· June 4-July 2: Eastbound 10th Street will be closed to through traffic between SR 45/46 Bypass and Pete Ellis Drive. The detour route will utilize Pete Ellis Drive and Smith Road. Traffic will be maintained on SR 46 throughout this construction. Local access to the Indiana University facilities and the Scholars Quad Apartments will be maintained throughout the closure.
o June 4-June 16: Traffic will access the current 10th St. entrance to the Indiana University facilities from the west while SR 45/10th St. is rebuilt from the existing IU entrance toward Pete Ellis Drive. Access will not be available to the IU entrance from the east from Pete Ellis Drive during this time.
o June 17-July 2: Indiana University facilities will be accessed via East 10th St./SR 45 from Pete Ellis Drive and will utilize the newly constructed IU entrance. During this time, access to the 10th St. entrance will not be available from the Bypass.
· Date TBD – The entrance from the Bypass to the Creative Arts Parking lot (i.e., the lot north of Wrubel Computing Center) and the drive north of the Data Center will be shifted up to the 14th Street intersection once it has been constructed.
· During this time, Bloomington Transit’s Routes 6 and 9 will detour via 3rd St.
|INDOT drawing of the finished intersection|
|Graphical representation of dates and areas of closure|
In a nutshell, after next week, plan to use 3rd Street if you are heading west. They have started paving the 3rd St/Bypass/College Mall intersection and have switched the lane closings to the west-bound lanes. Part of the southbound lanes of Bypass have also been paved.
Bypass construction is supposed to be completed by November, if I remember correctly, so the end is in sight.