- Safe, small neighborhood
- People are friendly and take time to get to know each other
- Neighbors were kind and patient with our sons when they delivered the newspaper for 3-4 years
- With definable boundaries, it is easier for kids to stay in the neighborhood when riding bikes. (They know where Grandview Hills ends!)
- Interesting people live here!
- Beautiful trees, lawns, open green spaces
- Active neighborhood association
I love the fact that we live so close to the University that I can bike to work and around town!
I love the fact that there are 3 bus routes that are less than 1/2 mile from our front door!
I love being able to walk to Target or Marsh or Bloomingfoods!
I love having the Indiana Rail Road travel past our backyard!
I love that there is a mix of IU students, individuals, families with young and older children and prime timers and we all seem to gel!
I love that our houses look vastly different from each other--no cookie cutter houses here!
I love that our daughter is able to attend an amazingly diverse elementary school--less than a mile from our front door!
I love that we help look out for each other!
I love that our neighborhood is quiet!
I love that our neighbors are friendly and care about us!
I love that we have the Grandview Hills Neighborhood Association to encourage us to be more neighborly!
I love the get-togethers we have and getting to know each other!
Red, orange, and yellow trees each fall
Annual block party
Dogwoods and daffodils bloom in spring
Variety of home styles
Indiana University just minutes away
Everything close by
Ice cream social in summer
Location, location, location
9. University Elementary district
8. No homeowners association, but a great neighborhood association
7. Lots of mature trees and open spaces
6. Individuality of neighbors and houses – we’re not all the same!
5. Quiet, with little through traffic, safe for the kids to play outside
4. Wildlife – deer, chipmunks, rabbits, birds, foxes, squirrels, ground hogs and more
3. Walking distance of College Mall, Post Office, grocery store, 2 parks
2. Convenient location near 3, 6, 8 bus lines, so we don’t have to drive
1. Great neighbors, the very best reason to live here